At the end of November, we made it down to Disney for the third year in a row. This was the first time, however, that we went in the fall. We normally go in February but this year we decided to make a wintertime visit to Yosemite instead. It was incredibly beautiful and we had a wonderful time. The girls, however, kept mentioning Disney over and over so we wanted to try to fit in a visit before the end of the year. Since Anna is in school now, we actually have to plan our trips around a school schedule. Her Thanksgiving break was the only time that would work. We were worried the crowds would be bad but we were pleasantly surprised. Even in November, Disney was already decorated for Christmas and so we got to enjoy that as well. “It’s a Small World” had recently been renovated and just re-opened a few days before we arrived. It was set up for Christmas as well and was really special. We actually had a few Disneyland milestones this year that I’d like to share with you:
1. Lauren was finally big enough to ride Matterhorn. Anna reached the right height last year. Lauren’s been eating her “veggies” all year just to make sure she had grown enough to ride.
2. Lauren actually had her picture taken with not one, not two but THREE princesses. You may remember that she screamed bloody murder the past two years when even in the same vicinity as a Disney princess.
3. This was the first year without a stroller. Well, Doug ended up carrying the girls...a lot. He carried them on his shoulders so much that Anna complained about sore legs! :)
4. We finally saw a nighttime parade. We had wanted to go in the past but the girls were little and bedtime was early. It was so fantastic to actually see the park lit up at night.
5. Our hotel was close enough to the park that we could watch the fireworks from our bed! It was so neat to turn off all the lights in the room, throw open the curtains and all curl up in bed to watch the show!